Let’s create an awesome podcast episode together
This page covers information on becoming a guest of the Freelance Jumpstart Podcast. An overview of the next steps area listed below as well as a form to submit pertinent information.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a guest on the Freelance Jumpstart Podcast.
When I first jumped into the world of freelancing, I didn’t know where to begin. Pricing, clients, marketing, and business were all foreign to me. Back then I wished I had a central location to learn about the business of freelancing.
This podcast was created to be the resource I wish I had when I first started freelancing.
On the podcast, I cover topics such as pricing your services, client communication, invoicing, how to market your services and many other topics.
I use Zoom for interviews. Please note that my podcast is a video as well as an audio podcast I hope that we would be able to record video. This means you will need a functioning webcam during the interview.
If you don’t have Zoom, we can use Skype or Zencastr as a backup.
Audio & Video
Freelance jumpstart is not only an audio podcast but is a video podcast as well. The advantage of video allows me to engage auditory learners and visual learners.
Schedule a Time
Schedule a recording time for us to do the podcast interview. I use a service called calendly which will sync with your calendar as well as mine.
During the interview, the goal is to have a free-flowing conversation. Though I may have contacted you for a specific subject, it is important that the audience also gets to see you and your thought processes as a person as well as a professional. This means we made dive deeper than the surface level.
We will cover all these standard things such as who you are how did you get started, but we also would like to know about your successes, failures, struggles, and your thoughts of the future of your business.
- What is your origin story?
- When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up? What changed along the way?
- What is the primary way you make income?
- If you were to send an email that traveled back in time to your younger self what would you say?
Tips for a Successful Interview
- Try to get to a quiet place that is free from distractions. If any distracting noise occurs, I will do my best to edit it out.
- Try to start up your Zoom 5 minutes before the scheduled time. I will double-check things are working on both of our ends before beginning the interview.
- Wearing headphones can assist in reducing feedback and noise from your computer speakers
- I use a Shure SM7B microphone for podcasting if you have a high-quality microphone that’s helpful but if not as long as your audio is clear this will work as well.