Transform Your Business
Anytime, Anywhere

A free 10 lesson video blueprint every freelancer should start with.

Enroll in Course What's Included

7,500+ freelancers have enrolled in the course!

What are the first steps to freelancing?

You want to venture out as a freelancer but you are unsure of where to begin. I can relate, when I first started freelancing I was so excited about the possibility of growing my business but I had no idea where to begin. This course was created to give you the starting point that I wish I had and help you save time so you can focus on perfecting your craft as a freelancer.

Here are the topics that will transform you from a business amateur into a business professional

Freelancer or Entrepreneur?

Overview of the topics covered in the Freelance Jumpstart course. This lesson establishes the difference between a freelancer and an entrepreneur.

Show Me The Money

What payments methods should you accept and what are the pros and cons of each? This question and others are answered in the payment lesson.

Validate Your Business Idea

Learn the 4 key principles in choosing a name for your business that every business name follows.

Organizing Cash Flow

Learn difference between cash and accrual accounting. Free bookkeeping software which will save you time and headaches.

Choosing a Business Structure

Learn to choose the best business structure between a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, or corporation.

Selling through Storytelling

Showcasing your work is not limited to a portfolio, it is the art of storytelling and showing successful results of your work.

Charging What You're Worth

The 4 Freelancing Pricing Principles used when determining any type of pricing structures for a freelancer.

Creative Marketing

Actionable steps you can take to begin marketing your business today and bring you the type of clients you want tomorrow.

Protect Your Business

There are certain items that must be on every invoice and contract which increase the changes of getting paid on time. Are these items on your invoices and contracts?

The End is the Beginning

The video course is only the beginning, learn about the full freelance jumpstart curriculum and the book launching in March 2017.

An Interactive Learning Experience

Unlimited Access to 10 Video Lessons. Each video lesson includes a high definitely video with an explanation of each of the lesson subject matter. The videos are available to be viewed 24/7/365.

audio version download

Freelance Jumpstart PDF Guide

Go Deeper Into the Lessons

The course includes a free PDF download. Within the download you gain access to a 31 page course guide available in PDF, ePub, and Mobi formats. The guide summarizes each of the videos in the course and expounds upon each the learning principles discussed in each video.

Hearing is Believing

Do you know that reading and audibly hearing information increases the chances of retaining information by 40%? Listening to feedback from those who have been through the course, the audio from each lesson is available for download in mp3 format and is compatible with your mobile device or audio player.

audio downloads

Freelancers who completed the course say

Your Instructor

Hey, I'm Nathan Allotey I am the founder and creative director at inPhocus Media, a website studio in Houston, TX that specializes in digital marketing. I am also the author of the book Freelance Jumpstart.

Before starting my own business I was on a career path that I did not enjoy. It was at that point that I began to learn web design and later pursued my dream of starting my own business.  I started from the beginning, studying what it takes to legally start a business, reading blogs online, and even obtained an MBA. I quickly realized 20% of my time was spent creating and learning while the other 80% was spent on administrative tasks such as customer service, marketing, bookkeeping for taxes, accounting, meetings, writing proposals, invoicing, and this catches most freelancers off guard. I now seek to teach others how they can venture out as freelancers and avoid the common pitfalls that I overcame on my journey.

I write about marketing, branding, design and business on my blog nathanallotey.com. You can also follow me on Twitter @nathanallotey

Transform Your Business Anytime, Anywhere

A free 10 lesson video blueprint every freelancer should start with.

Enroll in Course